Kansas City’s Drainage Experts
Our well-trained, knowledgeable teams listen to your needs to help you identify, solve or prevent common landscape drainage design problems that many landscape companies overlook. Too many times we have had to repair Kansas City drainage issues caused by inadequate grading or poor use of landscape resources. Going with a “cheaper” solution to save money is not always the best answer and it usually costs the property owner at the end of the day. Just remember there are several things to think about when choosing the right contract professional for drainage solutions.
You want to make sure your landscape drainage contractor knows how to:
- Measure your slope using the line-level method or hand-level method.
- Calculate the grade of a slope by measuring its angle of steepness.
- Understand slope ratios and suitable grades to know how to bring the most value out of a shallow, medium or steep slope.
- Choose the right materials for a patios, paved walkways or retaining walls.
- Route storm water drainage properly by use of swales, slope and proper grading.
- Consider low-cost options such as gutter downspouts and runoff interception.
- Implement basement waterproofing with the latest industrial standards.
- Make use of catch basins, retaining wall weeps and drywells where they make sense.
- Pick the correct landscaping plants, trees and low-maintenance materials that help improve drainage.
- Monitor the market price of types of landscape materials so you can get the most bang for your buck.
- Correctly identify foundation problems to make sure you don’t pay for something you don’t need.
To stay on top of the latest industry trends, resources and installation methods we attend several professional trade shows a year and maintain memberships to several credible business associations including the Professional Landcare Network (PLANET) and the Building Owners and Managers Association of Kansas City (BOMA KC).
If you do live in the Kansas City metro area and want to get a recommendation from the best professional landscape drainage contractor then you should contact Wardrip Landscaping.